Welcome to the world of TCU Women's Soccer ... get everything you need to know about the Horned Frogs on and off the field! Meet the coaches and players ... find out about camps/clinics ... watch match highlights and video spots ... and keep informed on soccer news from around the world.

Monday, February 25, 2008

It's A Beautiful Day!

Alright, so outside of U2 being my favorite band and the reference in my blog today, Mondays, are my absolute favorite day! Today was no exception. You see Monday mornings are my days where I take half a day during the week to spend with my 21-month-old son, Zak (yes it's spelled that way and is a whole different topic for another day).

We start the morning off with a good breakfast - usually oatmeal, because it's the messiest. Then it's off to the park for a good 30-40 minute session of swings and slides - this little man has no fear at all! That's where the day gets unique, see we come into the office at 10:00 where we meet up with one of our goalkeepers here at TCU, Kelsey Walters. Kelsey is a freshman who started for us this past year and had a good solid season for her first year. But she wants to do better so we're working on her fitness. So Zak jumps into his Jeep jogger and we go for a run with Kelsey every Monday. I'm giving Zak all of the credit as he has helped push Kelsey to a different level real quick and she's doing a great job!

Then it's off to the zoo for lunch. Yep, the Ft. Worth Zoo! Its only 2 minutes from campus. Our Zoo is ranked as one of the best in the country. Zak and I like to sit on a rock outside the Gorilla Habitat and just hang out. We'll usually try and catch a couple of other animals - today was the elephants, meerkats and rhinos. After that my wife picks up the little guy and it's off to the office for me.

That's where today gets even better - first it's 75 degrees outside and sunny blue sky! Second, the team is busting their tails in training which makes for a great training day - it's not a perfect practice, but they are trying to do things at a faster, crisper pace, which I absolutely love. So that's it a pretty beautiful day in my eyes!