Welcome to the world of TCU Women's Soccer ... get everything you need to know about the Horned Frogs on and off the field! Meet the coaches and players ... find out about camps/clinics ... watch match highlights and video spots ... and keep informed on soccer news from around the world.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Random Notes From Texas Tech Match

I'ts been a couple of days since my last post as there's been a lot going on. First and formost, I want to make sure that everyone keeps Coach Mark Plakorus and his family in their thoughts and prayers. Mark is the most dedicated, hard working indvidual I have ever come in contact with and we're extremely lucky to have him as a part of our program. I not only consider him my partner in coaching here at TCU, but one of my best friends in the world and we only hope his parent's health improves.

For the game versus Texas Tech just some random notes:
-I thought we established we have a width game in Jenna Hayes that can be very dangerous. Everytime she got the ball wide to her feet and went at players something great happened.
-I was excited that Kaylie Garcia got 90 minutes in for the first time, and she scored a goal late in the game! This is a huge stepping stone for her.
-Lizzy Karoly once again was a handful. I don't think we got her the ball enough, but she did a great job when she did get it.
-I felt we did a decent job of keeping posession and was happy that our backs looked to get forward on the switch.
-I loved the fact we scored a brilliant goal off a corner. It's something we've worked on so it was great to see the result.

We started 8 freshman, so with the system being a little complex that we're asking them to play, I was pleased with some of the results. This week we'll tweak a few things to allow the girls to play with a bit more confidence and relax a bit more on the field. I think we get that and we'll be in great shape!