Welcome to the world of TCU Women's Soccer ... get everything you need to know about the Horned Frogs on and off the field! Meet the coaches and players ... find out about camps/clinics ... watch match highlights and video spots ... and keep informed on soccer news from around the world.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A New Horizon in 2008

As posted from Matt Hoover on Gofrogs.com

Lizzy Karoly offers her insight into the 2008 women's soccer season this week.
Jan. 16, 2009

FORT WORTH, Texas - Throughout the next few months, selected members of the women's soccer program will give fans an exclusive look into one of the most successful seasons in program history.

Overall, the Horned Frogs ended the 2008 season with a 14-4-2 record, which is the best record in program history. TCU also climbed as high as No. 24 in the nation during the year, while placing three student-athletes on the all-conference squad, including the Mountain West Conference Freshman of the Year Jordan Calhoun.

In this week's installment, junior Lizzy Karoly offers her insight into this fall.
I look back on the 2008 season not only as a very successful season, but also as a reminder about the goals we are still striving to accomplish. It was by far the best season our team has had since I have been here. I think 2008 showed how much heart and passion we have as a team. Some of the best moments for me were when time-after-time we would be down a goal or two, but were able to come back and win the game.



I recently realized that I am the old lady on the team and it is pretty scary to think that I am the oldest. I like to think that with my age comes lots of experience and wisdom.

This spring, we will have many purple and white competitions. I have hand picked my purple team. I have lots of experience in these competitions and I am currently undefeated in them, so my team will not accept defeat. Hopefully, Chelsey Wilgenburg and Katie Runyon can score us some points in the mile run, while Jackie Torda and Kaylie Garcia will help us dominate on the indoor field.

I know all of the girls will make a big impact on the purple team's victory. This spring is going to be fun, but also a lot of hard work to gear up for next year where we have many goals to accomplish.