Welcome to the world of TCU Women's Soccer ... get everything you need to know about the Horned Frogs on and off the field! Meet the coaches and players ... find out about camps/clinics ... watch match highlights and video spots ... and keep informed on soccer news from around the world.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Katy Taylor's Spring Journal


The California native, who made 16 starts during the 2009 season, recorded two goals during the fall from her defender position. Taylor picked up Mountain West Conference Defensive Player of the Week accolades after leading a defense that held No. 15 Texas to just seven shot attempts for the entire match, including only three in the second half.

What are your goals for this upcoming season?
"I want to be consistent in my areas and be a better leader for our team. As a team, we want to win a Mountain West Conference Championship."

How has the spring season been?
"This has been a very good spring for us. As a team, we didn't like how last year went and are determined to change that. Everyone has put in extra time this spring to improve in all different areas and working really hard. It has really shown. Even our fitness has reached levels that it has never been at before."

What do you expect out of the team this season?
"I expect a lot of great things from this team this season. We have been working so hard this spring and I have seen so many things change. Not just technique wise, but also in our attitudes. This year, we won't let adversity stop us in any way. Also, we will always finish what we started. We have several freshmen coming in that will need to get on the same page, so that they understand where we want to go, which is a conference title and an NCAA Tournament berth."

What do you like to do for fun outside of soccer?
"Outside of soccer, I like to go to the movies. I love to bake and cook as well. My roommates hate me for that because I am always baking. Probably, my biggest passion is football. Anything to do with football, I am doing it. For example, I played in a powder puff game a few weeks ago and I also just recorded the NFL draft."

You are an avid football fan, what position would you play and why?
"Well, it would be a toss up between wide receiver and safety. I would probably play wide receiver because I love the different routes they run. I'm pretty good at catching the ball as well. I could also be a safety because I am so defensive minded. I would be able to see the whole field, plus I would still be able to catch the ball when I pick it and take it to the house."