Welcome to the world of TCU Women's Soccer ... get everything you need to know about the Horned Frogs on and off the field! Meet the coaches and players ... find out about camps/clinics ... watch match highlights and video spots ... and keep informed on soccer news from around the world.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Catching up with Jordan Calhoun


With the 2009 season only a couple of months away, GoFrogs.com recently sat down with TCU sophomore forward Jordan Calhoun to get her thoughts on the Horned Frogs in 2009.

Calhoun comes into this season having collected second-team Freshman All-America honors in 2008. Calhoun, who was named Mountain West Conference Freshman of the Year in 2008, was selected to Top Drawer Soccer's second-team All-Rookie squad this past fall. The Norman, Okla., native, netted 15 goals during the 2008 season, while dishing out two assists.

What are you doing this summer for the upcoming season?
"This summer I have been playing with a club team in California. I will also being playing with a Oklahoma WPSL team to get ready for the upcoming season."

What do you expect this season from the team?
"This season is sure to be a special one. I see our team winning a Mountain West Conference Championship and competing in the NCAA tournament. We have all the pieces of the puzzle, we just need to put it together."

What do you like to do off the field?
"I love hanging out with the girls off the field I also like to watch movies and eat at my favorite restaurants."

If you could be on a television show for one day, what would it be and why?"
I would be on America's Best Dance Crew because I wish I could dance like they do. It's so cool, maybe they could teach me some moves."

Who is you favorite soccer player and why?
"Jackie Torda is my favorite soccer player because she's just so good!"

If you could play any sport other then soccer, what would it be and why?
"I can't imagine myself playing any other sport but soccer. If I had to choose I guess I would pick tennis. You don't have to run too much and it seems like fun."

How excited are you for this season?
"I'm so excited for this season! It's all I've thought about since spring. I'm looking forward to getting out there and playing under the lights again."