Welcome to the world of TCU Women's Soccer ... get everything you need to know about the Horned Frogs on and off the field! Meet the coaches and players ... find out about camps/clinics ... watch match highlights and video spots ... and keep informed on soccer news from around the world.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Catching up with Katie Taylor

GoFrogs.com recently caught up with TCU sophomore defender Katie Taylor to get her thoughts on summer vacation and the women's soccer program heading into the 2009 season.

What are you doing this summer for the upcoming season?"This summer Alex Mechalske, Jordan Calhoun and I played state cup with the Slammers here in Newport Beach. However we got knocked out so now Alex and I are playing on a WPSL team down in San Diego."

What do you expect this season from the team?"My expectations for the team this year follow the same lines as we had last year. As a defender we had a goal last season of less than one goal a game. We accomplished that so now we need to make that a little better by having more shutouts as a backline. However we also set a goal that we need to score in every game. Our team has high expectations for ourselves because we want to be known. We want other teams to have fear when they see us on their schedule."

What do you like to do off the field?"I am a huge sports fan so if there is any type of sport playing, I am most likely watching it. Not only do I like to watch sports, but I like to play them. A couple of us will go out and throw a football or baseball around. We go shoot hoops or just pass a soccer ball around quite a bit."

If you could be on a television show for one day, what would it be and why?"There are actually two shows that I would want to be on. One would be a show called Criminal Minds, which is a show about FBI profilers that solve cases. That is what I want to do with my life after school. I want to get into the FBI. The other show would be The Game, which is a show about football players in San Diego, but they don't actually play for the Chargers instead they play for the San Diego Sabers."

Who is you favorite soccer player and why?I actually don't have a favorite soccer player, but if I could take two players and put them together I would put Julie Foudy and Michelle Akers. The reason I picked these two players is the leadership and consistency of Julie Foudy and the passion and work rate of Michelle Akers."

If you could play any sport other then soccer, what would it be and why?"If I could play another sport other then soccer it would be football! I have this obsession with the sport."

How excited are you for this season?"How excited am I for this season? I don't think I have ever had the words, I can't wait for two-a-days ever come out of my mouth before, but they just did. Just talking with the girls we are all very excited for this next season. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we came so close last season but fell short. We want to come out and make a statement that last year wasn't us just playing well, that the TCU soccer program is one that you need to watch out for!"